Self-Funding Actuarial offers expert witness services to cases which are either risk or actuarial in nature.
- Services include: consulting, affidavit-writing, opinion-writing and testifying (deposition or trial)
- Primary emphases are on both Industry Practices and Quantifications (i.e., model building).
- Risks are those cited in ERISA as Welfare Benefits.
- Engagements may be by either plaintiff or defendant and need not be litigation-related.
- Industry practices include marketing, rating, underwriting, claims processing, record-keeping, administration, money-handling, compliance, managed care, etc.
- All funding models are included: self-funding, fully insured and HMO.
- All vendor services are included: stop-loss, PPO, PBM, etc.
The following due diligence items are provided:
- Resume of Carlton Harker
- Display of prior engagements (available upon request)
- Listing of publications, articles, etc.
- Fees and terms of engagement
- Topic-related Web Sites maintained by this firm include: